Sunday, April 19, 2015

Fresh lemon dessert - Frisk citrondessert

FRESH LEMON DESSERT
Frisk citrondessert

This dessert is excellent after a rich main course. Since I love anything lemony, this is a favourite (I realize I have an awful lot of favourites, but hey, I’ll soon be 51 so I’ve been around for a while …)!

4 servings

1 lemon
3 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 oz butter or margarine


Wash the lemon and grate the zest. Make sure nothing white sneaks into the zest. Cut the lemon in wedges, remove the membranes and cut the pulp in pieces. Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Melt the fat and mix it into the egg batter, then add lemon juice and zest.

Pour the batter into 4 greased, oven-proof serving dishes and bake in a waterbath in the oven at 350F for about 35 minutes or until the batter has set. Allow to cool. Serve preferably lukewarm or chilled with a dab of whipped cream and sliced strawberries.

Enjoy!

Bella




No comments:

Post a Comment