Friday, May 08, 2015

Pineapple drink - Ananasdrink (retro)

PINEAPPLE DRINK
Ananasdrink

This is also something I remember from my childhood. Not that I had any rum in my drink at that time, but the lovely taste of pineapple, the smell of the fruit … Even today I drink very, very little alcohol because it doesn’t go well with my lifelong medication for my transplanted kidney. But alcohol-free is good for me! :-D This is time-consuming, but if we save more time we'll soon find ourselves living in a void of time without anything to do and we would die of boredom. My 2 cents. IMHO.

6 large glasses

2 oranges
2 lemons
a piece of whole cinnamon
8 whole cloves
4 cups water
100 g (3½ oz) sugar
12 cl (centiliters) light rum
1 fresh pineapple
1 can cocktail cherries, the smallest can size
ice cubes


Wash oranges and lemons and peel off the zest with a potato peeler. Shred the peel very thinly and put them in a bowl with cinnamon and cloves. Bring water and sugar to a boil and pour the hot liquid over the fruit peel. Cover with something and store cold for 10 to 12 hours. Strain the mixture and add the juice from oranges and lemons together with rum.

Store the drink in the freezer for about 2 hours. Peel the fresh pineapple and cut it in 4 wedges lengthwise. Remove the stem and dice the pulp.

Put the diced pineapple, cocktail cherries and ice cubes in 6 large glasses and fill up with the chilled drink. Serve with a straw.

Enjoy!

Bella




No comments:

Post a Comment